Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FW: Residence Hall Virus Solutions

From: Joe St Sauver <JOE () OREGON UOREGON EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:27:13 -0700

Hi,

#We are then installing antivirus software and a personal firewall (free
#version of ZoneAlarm) on their systems.

It was recently pointed out to me that the license for the free version
of ZoneAlarm (see
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/media/downloads/EULAZAStandard.txt )
specifically excludes governmental entities and educational institutions.

Did you work out special arrangements with ZoneLabs? If so, what did that
end up costing? (I'm a big fan of their products in general, but the
clause in the license agreement looks like a show stopper to me unless
they have some sort of educational site licensing option)

Thanks,

Joe St Sauver (joe () oregon uoregon edu)
University of Oregon Computing Center