Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Automatic Exploitation Paper Peer Review

From: Chris Eagle <cse.lists () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 19:00:46 -0800

On 12/11/2010 1:22 PM, Fergie wrote:
Something I used to tell my troops when I was in the Army ...  Don't sit
back in your area and bitch about something.  Anyone can bitch.  If you
bring a problem to light, bring a potential solution as well...

I don't mean that as harsh as it sounds when I read it back.  I just mean to
say that all of you smart folks who identify these problems can surely posit
a solution to them....

So, there's this little problem I have where given a program to analyze,
all I want to know is whether it ever exits.  Now having brought the
problem to light, I am afraid I have no solution, perhaps you can help?

Sometimes the "solution" is to point out that there is no solution, or
that any potential solution is orders of magnitude more difficult than
one might expect.