Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Do you have a CIO?

From: Bob Kalal <kalal.1 () OSU EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 11:58:36 -0500

At Ohio State we've had a CIO for about a decade. The position
started as a part-time assignment for an Associate Provost, then
developed into a separate full-time position. The CIO reports to the
Provost and serves on the President's Cabinet. The initial position
was established as a part of a major realignment of central IT on
campus. Over a period of time the central academic computing,
administrative computing, instructional technology and
telecommunications units were merged. Establishment of the CIO
position was one of the recommendations of the campus committee that
planned the reorganization.

Bob Kalal
Director, Information Technology Policy and Services
Office of the Chief Information Officer
The Ohio State University
Phone: (614) 292-6888
Fax:   (614) 688-4226
Email: kalal.1 () osu edu, ITPolicy () osu edu
Web:   http://cio.osu.edu/kalal.html