Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Login Banners

From: "Bristol, Gary L." <gbristol () OU EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:34:44 -0600

Here's the one that was approved by our legal department.

To safeguard the Universitys network and all of its computer resources (the
System), appropriate University discipline and/or criminal and civil
penalties may be sought and imposed for use which is illegal or
unauthorized.
To protect the integrity, reliability and security of the System for lawful
and authorized use, monitoring and auditing are necessary. By continuing to
access the System, you expressly consent to these measures.

Here's the one I like;

                            NOTICE TO USERS

This computer system is the private property of University of Oklahoma,
whether
individual, corporate or government.  It is for authorized use only.
Users (authorized or unauthorized) have no explicit or implicit
expectation of privacy.

Any or all uses of this system and all files on this system may be
intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and
disclosed to your employer, to authorized site, government, and law
enforcement personnel, as well as authorized officials of government
agencies, both domestic and foreign.

By using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
discretion of such personnel or officials.  Unauthorized or improper use
of this system may result in civil and criminal penalties and
administrative or disciplinary action, as appropriate. By continuing to use
this system you indicate your awareness of and consent to these terms
and conditions of use. LOG OFF IMMEDIATELY if you do not agree to the
conditions stated in this warning.

  _____