Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Login Banners

From: Huba Leidenfrost <huba () UIDAHO EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:25:41 -0800

Connie,

Here are a couple and a link to the CIAC bulletin (more governmental) with
their examples:

WARNING! By accessing and using this system you are consenting to system
monitoring for law enforcement and other purposes.  Unauthorized use of
this computer system may subject you to criminal prosecution and penalties.

WARNING: To protect the system from unauthorized use and to ensure that the
system is functioning properly, activities on this system are monitored and
recorded and subject to audit. Use of this system is expressed consent to
such
monitoring and recording. Any unauthorized access or use of this Automated
Information System is prohibited and could be subject to criminal and civil
penalties.

CIAC login banners information bulletin:
http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/bulletins/j-043.shtml

Huba Leidenfrost
ITS Security Analyst
University of Idaho