Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password aging

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 13:49:59 -0500

Scott Bradner wrote:

=3D=3D> The password must be 7 or 8 characters.=20

rather than longer than 7 characters?  (its a real pain to truncate
a string when there is no real need)

Older Macintosh systems can only accept a password of less than 9
characters. Bit me the first time I was in a public lab and tried to log
into my administrative account.

--
--Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College
 www.ouuf.org, www.calfrye.com

  "It is difficult not to write satire." --Juvenal (c. 60-130)