Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: FW: CISSP Question

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 18:12:18 +0100

Also...quite honestly, I don't feel anywhere near ready for CISSP,
knowledge or experience wise. I truly am a newcomer to the world of
security, and have a ton to learn.

At last. Someone who doesn't think anyone with a week's cramming time to
spare can get a CISSP. :)

You could take the test without the experience, but you wouldn't qualify for
the certification even if you passed, though you could still be an associate
in that case, as someone previously pointed out. But then, if you wanted
security certification now, there are other certs that don't have the
experience requirement, and there's certainly a place for those.

The CISSP is OS independent whereas the M$ muck is only M$
specific which
will hinder your career in Information Security.

I can't say I agree. Microsoft certs and security certs are a good
combination for many types of work. There's more to security than Unix and
its derivatives, you know, and Microsoft are not a security-free zone. :)

--
David Harley CISSP, Small Blue-Green World
Security Author/Editor/Consultant/Researcher