Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CISSP Question

From: security () calowaycrew com
Date: 9 May 2007 09:31:56 -0000

I think your last statement is missing the words "in my opinion".  As much as we respect each others opinions and enjoy
a debate, I am more concerned with my next employer's opinion.  If they want me to have a CISSP and pay extra, then I'm
happy to oblige.  I'm not saying that this should be the way it is but atm, this is the reality.  Experience should
always be preferred over a course/exam/letters after a name but reality check says it aint.  If I didn't have a mum
living on the bread-line, a mortgage, a boyfriend, 2 bunnies & a tank of fish to support then I would probably take the
moral high ground and refuse a job concerned more with exams than experience but I do so I have passed my CISSP.  I
would also like to add that I'm damned proud of it as I found it one of the hardest (or rather extremely cleverly
written) exams I have ever taken.  I am amazed anybody can go from knowing nothing about security to passing their
CISSP by attending a cram course.

Jono