Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: RE: CISSP Question

From: "Laundrup, Jens" <Jens.Laundrup () METROKC GOV>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 08:39:45 -0700

Worrisome, yes, because when you have a person that has been spit out by a "certification mill" but has little or no
experience, they make it past HR into the hiring manager's hands.  The person with great experience will fall thought
the cracks.  It gets even worse for the larger companies that have computers do the first sort of résumés, there the
selected will come from those who had the wherewithal to copy the job description into the resume.

I tested that once by simply putting the job description into the document, white lettering and really tiny font.  It
worked beautifully, I was asked to interview for a position where I had few credentials, no experience (accounting
auditor position, all my auditing is IT).

Jens C. Laundrup, CISSP