Security Basics mailing list archives

DoS is "Denial of Service (was: Re: Possible new virus?

From: "Meritt James" <meritt_james () bah com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:28:44 -0400

In my opinion, that is.  I can do an excellent denial of service attack
with a crowbar and access.

Chris Berry wrote:
 This is
not a security question, I'm not sure how it made it on to the list, but
please take it to a hardware support forum.  Most likely the fan is full of
crud and has overloaded the fan header, try cleaning the fan, and swapping
to a different header.

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

--
James W. Meritt CISSP, CISA
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

Captus Networks
Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster?
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
 - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
FIND OUT NOW -  FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit
http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm