Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Possible new virus?

From: "David" <David () cawdgw net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:59:16 +0200

Or maybe a special event? Were the three co-located? I created a lot of dust
bunnies in my basement once and two months later three systems (in basement)
fans failed within twelve hours (a power supply fan on one box, a cpu fan on
another box, and a graphics card chipset fan on yet another box)

Sometimes life is stranger than fiction.

Be glad you are hearing something. My systems toasted in the night. Power
supply shutoff due to heat (that saved it), graphics card barfed and hung
the system, but survived the heat, cpu melted down and died. cpu did alarm,
but heated up so fast, I didn't realize what it was (having never overheated
before) and then it cut off (died) so I didn't find it until morning.