Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

icq 2000 ads

From: percival () NS1 DEVNULL NL
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 23:52:29 +0100

Well, moving icqhttp.dll gets us a yellow/white field in the ad window. remove xmlparse.dll or simply delete directory
~icq\partner to get rid of the happy happy joy joy sms note on top. But these are just partial workarounds.

I picked a bit at the registry (damnit how much of an obfuscated os can one come up with?), found the preferences for
message etc.. but these are not what we're looking for.

Moving my db (uin# .dat family) and reregestering (as in fresh new db created), gives me clean message windows (not
attached 'ad' window at bottom). So I guess somewhere in the db there's a number of bits turned on or off with the
result of total annoyance.

I also checked trivial things such as time from install, db age etc.. (maybe there's a trigger to this, after all some
people do and some don't...).

Finally moving icqateb.dll resulted int the complete inability to spawn any message/chat/transfer.