Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: your mail

From: "John R. Dennison" <jrd () GERDESAS COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 01:35:28 -0500

In previous mail, Scott D. Yelich spouted...

Anyway, the whole vuln-* twist of this is the issue of programs wanting
to access the net -- say on a reboot/login.  Does anyone have any
example of unix based programs wanting to do this?  Alternatively, does
anyone have an example of an mp3 player for winblows that doesn't turn
music into a RAP song because it can't play continuously? :->

        UNIX: bind, sendmail, apache, etc - these, among a large group
        of other system daemons, require DNS to start properly in most
        cases.

        MP3 - winamp has not given me a 'stutter' problem since I got a
        fast box and a decent DMA'd disk controller.

                                                        John

--
"Whenever two people meet, there are really six people present. There is each
man as he sees himself, each man as the other person sees him, and each man