Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: All Advantage Spyware

From: Brad Griffin <b.griffin () cqu edu au>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 13:47:57 +1000

Hi all.
I had some experience with AA a while back.
I read EULAs and TOS pages. The problem with AllAdvantage is that they
updated their program a number of times, but did not inform their users of
changes in the TOS relating to any new 'functionality' in the software. The
earlier TOS agreement stated (if I recall correctly) that your AA username,
pages visited, log-on and log-off times would be sent to AA. That was
reasonable and allowed them to track your surfing habits. However, as I said
above, as the spying capabilities of AA was developed, updates to the TOS
were not announced to users downloading updates.

Cheers,
Gryph