Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: All Advantage Spyware

From: Thierry <thierry () PURGE-IT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:03:48 +0100

Daehlie Owns wrote:

Attention AllAdvantage Users:

It has come to my attention, that All Advantage corp. 's software for
surfing the net for money, has some dll files that do some interesting
things.
They are detailed in this text file, written by acecww,
http://home.cyberarmy.com/acecww/advert.txt , please read it, it shows
many things, such as screwing with the registery, and unregistering
dll's, replacing the code, then when your browser closes, putting
everything back to the way it was. Anyone else have any comments,
questions, or just plain outrage, please reply to this email.

--Daehlie

I have Advpack.dll, Advert.dll, amcompat.tlb and amstream.dll on my
system. Though I NEVER installed nor used ALLAdvantage.
Win98 SE

Thierry
http://www.Purge-it.com/?vulndev