Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: All Advantage Spyware

From: Nick Summy <playboy () NETINS NET>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 10:13:39 -0500

This could very well be!  My next question is what happens if yor computer
suddenly gets turned off in a poweroutage or something?  do those registry
settings go back to normal? one thing I have noticed using All Advantage
is that netscape acts real flaky.  Whenever I type, all of the letters
that i type never get into the forms.  With all these modifcations going
on,  its no wonder my system has a hard time keeping up with my typing!
Is all this worth $.50 an hour?!

Daehlie Owns wrote:

Attention AllAdvantage Users:

It has come to my attention, that All Advantage corp. 's software for
surfing the net for money, has some dll files that do some interesting
things.
They are detailed in this text file, written by acecww,
http://home.cyberarmy.com/acecww/advert.txt , please read it, it shows
many things, such as screwing with the registery, and unregistering
dll's, replacing the code, then when your browser closes, putting
everything back to the way it was. Anyone else have any comments,
questions, or just plain outrage, please reply to this email.

--Daehlie