Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Blind Remote Buffer Overflow

From: buanzox () USA NET (Arturo Busleiman)
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 20:14:24 -0300

On Sat, 29 Apr 2000, Mark L. Jackson wrote:

//  How does one tell the diffrence in architechture remotely, when
//  the OS runs
//  on multiple architechtures?
Well scanning is the first and I think easiest method. You decide what
type of system you want to hit and then scan IPs for a specific response
known to come from that system. Example Sun is known to have RPC problems.
[snip!]

well, you are right... but the question was related to the architecture,
(sparc, x86, etc) not the operating system.

*> Get PGP KEY: use pgpk -a hkp://horowitz.surfnet.nl/buanzox () usa net
*> Lista social de mail. Envia e-mail en blanco a lsb-subscribe () egroups com
*> Panic? My kernel doesn't panic! We are doomed! DustDustDust!!!!