Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Blind Remote Buffer Overflow

From: buanzox () USA NET (Arturo Busleiman)
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 20:06:30 -0300

How does one tell the diffrence in architechture remotely, when the OS runs
on multiple architechtures? Other than just taking a stab at it untill it
well.. if it is a unix system and you have access to the shell, the uname
-a command will do the trick:

$ uname -a
Linux intra 2.0.33 #2 Thu Dec 11 14:08:32 MET 1997 i586 unknown
$

*> Get PGP KEY: use pgpk -a hkp://horowitz.surfnet.nl/buanzox () usa net
*> Lista social de mail. Envia e-mail en blanco a lsb-subscribe () egroups com
*> Panic? My kernel doesn't panic! We are doomed! DustDustDust!!!!