Snort mailing list archives

Re: More sid 1841

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 13:17:40 -0500

At 10:59 PM 2/22/2003 +0800, Michael Boman wrote:
On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 03:27:10PM -0500, Matt Kettler wrote:
According to RFC 1034 and 1035 the hostname can be a maximum of 255
bytes, so just make sure the '\n' are within 255 bytes from the end of
'javascript://'.

Hmmm, that's true of the domain name itself, but that doesn't mean the domain name can't be encoded using escape sequences, unicode, etc, and take up much more than 255 bytes in the html.

Snort has preprocessors for normalizing URI requests made to a http server itself, but I don't know if they normalize the contents of pages sent back to clients. Somehow I doubt it.