Snort mailing list archives

RE: More sid 1841

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:20:40 -0600

Since you obviously understand the rules syntax quite well, then you can
clarify something else for me.  I *thought* after reading the docs that
this would work:
content:"javascript\://"; content:"\n";

Isn't this saying "if you see both of these strings anywhere in the
payload, trigger this alert?

I'm using snort 1.9 Build 290 from the FreeBSD ports collection, and I
use oinkmaster, which updates the rules nightly.  The path used to fetch
the rules (the "url" value in the conf file) is:
http://www.snort.org/dl/signatures/snortrules-stable.tar.gz

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas