Secure Coding mailing list archives

BSIMM update (informIT)

From: gem at cigital.com (Gary McGraw)
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:04:43 -0500

Hi Steve (and sc-l),

I'll invoke my skiing with Eli excuse again on this thread as well...

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Wall, Kevin wrote:
To study something scientifically goes _beyond_ simply gathering
observable and measurable evidence. Not only does data needs to be
collected, but it also needs to be tested against a hypotheses that offers
a tentative *explanation* of the observed phenomena;
i.e., the hypotheses should offer some predictive value.