Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Professional Scrpt Kiddies vs Real Talent

From: chr1x <chr1x () sectester net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 13:13:02 -0600

To see the real difference between kiddies and real talent? Easy.

You could be a very skilled security guy, but if you never discovered a
vulnerability, or made an exploit, you probably continue being part of
the script kiddie place.

Everybody with a little knowledge of Word or Excel is a good candidate
to be a master sensei using tools like CORE Impàct, Canvas or any
automated tool. Everybody can crack Wireless AP's with BT, but just a
real ninja is able to develop his/her own hacker toolkit.

If you are the guy who looks for software to fit your security testing
needs, you are a kiddie.

Cya.

chr1x