Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Which Commercial Web App Scanner?

From: Luca Carettoni <luca.carettoni () ikkisoft com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 13:27:18 +0200

On Thursday 15 October 2009, Norma Snockers wrote:
Netsparker also looks intriguing http://www.mavitunasecurity.com/ - has
anyone become a beta tester who can comment?

Hi,
    I'm currently testing the latest version of Netsparker and it is really
promising. You may consider to join the beta.

As a pentester, I really enjoy the focus on exploiting. It is not just a web
application scanner since you can actually confirm vulnerabilities on demand.
The GUI is well designed and it's easy to use.

Obviously, at this stage, it cannot be fully compared  (in term of software
maturity) with other commercial scanners (Acunetix, Appscan, ...).
However, in the next future, it may be the right solution between pure
automatic scanners and manual tools.

Cheers,
Luca

--