Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Which Commercial Web App Scanner?

From: Norma Snockers <norma.snockers () hotmail co uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 07:25:24 +0000

Thanks for all the replies so far, all good info for digestion. I appreciate it's a developing field, subject to rapid
change and no substitute for manual testing.

I intend to use as a timesaving tool alongside manual testing to enhance/develop my experience/understanding.

I wasn't aware of Hailstorm and found this review http://www.scmagazineus.com/Cenzic-Hailstorm/Review/1081/ - although
it is early last year and may have changed.  If the price is still current then although it might be the better
product, this places it out of reach budget-wise compared to the opposition.

Netsparker also looks intriguing http://www.mavitunasecurity.com/ - has anyone become a beta tester who can comment?

I've seen the test comparison between my 3 original possibles here http://drop.io/anantasecfiles which seems to
indicate that Acunetix (plus Acusensor) could be the best?  AppScan found much more against its own test website than
the others, and likewise WebInspect - to be expected perhaps.

Still investigating.