Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] War Dialers

From: "Batten, Gerald" <GBatten () EXOCOM COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 13:30:05 -0400

I've used ToneLoc on several occasions, and it's worked perfectly for me.
It's even worked under NT using my pcmcia modem.  Who cares if it hasn't
been updated since 1994?  It tells me what numbers have a tone or not, which
ones have a busy signal, etc... that's all I need for an initial recon of my
client's phone system.  I usually take the list of detected carriers and
compare it to their phone list and see who owns the lines.

My .02c worth.

Gerald.