Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] War Dialers

From: "Thorp, Michael" <Michael.Thorp () ALLFIRST COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 13:22:21 -0400

I have used Telesweep extensively.  It is very easy to use.  Prior to using
Telesweep, I was using THC-scan.  The best features of Telesweep are the import
of excel lists of phone numbers into groups for ease of analysis, the precanned
reports and, if you get the distributed package, the ability to put more than
one dialer working on large lists.  The only trick I've noticed with it is you
need to be careful selecting the modem to do the dialing.  The folks at
Securlogix are great to work with should you have any problems.  I highly
recommend it and its not too expensive, at least not yet.

Mike Thorp
Network Security Analyst