Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] War Dialers

From: "Maks, Steven (ISS eServices)" <smaks () ISS NET>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 12:59:58 -0400

PhoneSweep is great if you get a modem that is compatible with their Single
Call Detect which will properly distinguish a voice call.  I've found that
most modems will sometimes interpret a voice as a busy or just not hang up
until the specified timeout occurs.  PhoneSweep is also pretty cool in that
it provides software detection on what kind of system you connected to.
Granted this isn't revolutionary for a Unix banner, but it's able to tell
you if you've connected to PC Anywhere and other software.  Pretty cool
stuff indeed.

Steve