Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Home-Banking PEN-TESTING

From: "Klahn, Paul" <paul () FISHNETSECURITY COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 08:40:01 -0500

Peter -- I'm not sure it matters what is reasonable to us, the bank has
attorneys, who are rarely reasonable.  I was recently in a meeting with a
major commercial FW/IDS provider.  They are involved in almost the exact
situation you discuss, so I would imagine this will be prevelant with the
on-line banks.  Their direction was pushing an agent to the desktop to test
the security of the user prior to allowing access to their on-line service.
But hey, isn't that the resellers' advantage - paranoia!?

Paul