Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] SQL Server blank account

From: Marc Maiffret <marc () EEYE COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:05:20 +0100

http://www.ntsecurity.nu/toolbox/sqldict/ <-- neato tool for some sql brute
forcing.

and if you luck out then use linsql.c:
http://www.securityfocus.com/templates/archive.pike?list=1&date=2000-08-15&m
sg=200008150352.UAA09523 () user3 hushmail com

Quote from linsql.c:
"Note that these commands
are executed with the privileges of the MSSQL service - usually `NT
Authority\System'.
"
"
 * A simple command-line client for MS SQL server.
 * Designed for executing commands on the underlying operating system rather
than SQL engine.
 * That said, it has the ability to perform SQL queries on the server.
 * Also added file upload system - usually works ;-) if it fails, try again.
 * Setup to login as the user 'sa' with no password by default, although
this can be changed.
"

Signed,
Marc Maiffret