PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Netbook & Distro for Bob

From: Marc Wickenden <marc () offensivecoder com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:05:24 +0100

I'd recommend an Acer Aspire One. I bought a D255 with 250GB HD and 2GB RAM off EBay last year for around $270 new.

I run BT5 R1 on it with no compatibility issues whatsoever so I'm sure other distros will be fine.

I haven't looked at the Aspire One range since last year so things may have moved on but I'd recommend making sure you
get one with 2GB RAM (or upgrade it yourself of course) not the standard 1GB.

Marc