PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Netbook & Distro for Bob

From: Andrew Case <atcuno () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 23:15:19 -0500

TAILS is a live linux distro whose sole purpose is to provide
anonymous Internet usage and obviously any host-based artifacts are
gone shortly after the machine is fully powered down.

https://tails.boum.org/

It does not allow connections to the local network and all connections
to the Internet are done through Tor. It also comes with Pidgin with
OTR enabled, HTTPS everywhere on, and other privacy enhanced
applications.

I am not sure about the mac address and hostname part though.