PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Personal Website Question: About Me Page

From: chuck at milams.net (Chuck Milam)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:52:28 -0600

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Larry Pesce <larry at pauldotcom.com> wrote:

I realized that all of the information that was available on my resume
would be available via a Google search or two.  I've had 99% of the
information out on the tubes since about 1999-2000.

This is the position I'm coming from as well. I've had my resume posted on
my personal web space for well over 10 years now, so all my information is
already available via Google.  In hindsight, I would have stripped a lot of
my contact information off in favor of some "available on requests," but I
figure my horse is already out of the barn.

Some advantages of having a resume posted "out there:"  It is interesting to
watch what search terms people find my resume with.  It's also quite handy
to watch how many hits I get from various organizations over time when I'm
applying for jobs.  I remember seeing a flurry of hits one morning from a
particular company and thinking "I bet I get a phone call from those guys."
The phone rang that same afternoon.

--
Chuck Milam
chuck at milams.net