PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Personal Website Question: About Me Page

From: lonervamp at gmail.com (Michael Dickey)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:34:43 -0600

[1] http://www.terminal23.net/aboutauthor.php

If I'm going to reference a link, I should at least paste it in, eh?

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Michael Dickey <lonervamp at gmail.com> wrote:

Personally, I've opted to put a more sanitized version of my resume on my
about me page. [1] One that does not include address, phone, or even current
employer.

Keeping all of that behind a request link/email is just fine in my opinion,
and not overkill. The only reason I bother is in case someone is curious
about my background or wants to peruse my resume and consider me without
having to show their hand with an actual solicitation.

As far as anything else, I'd suggest just doing what you feel comfortable
with. Your name is exceedingly common, probably even in the military, so I'm
not sure someone would entirely be able to track you down should they want
to, especially if you're only giving the sort of bio that you might find at
the end of a magazine article or book cover.