PaulDotCom mailing list archives

best way to run graphical BT4 from a server

From: dninja at gmail.com (Robin Wood)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:12:06 +0100

2009/7/28 Josh Olson <josholson at gmail.com>:
On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Robin Wood<dninja at gmail.com> wrote:
Last resort is something like VNC but I don't know how I would start
the remote graphical X session without a monitor

Robin,

Fortunately, Xvnc (see Xvnc(1) or vncserver(1)) doesn't require a
monitor as it has a virtual screen rather than a physical one.

Good luck, and let us know what your final implementation is.

This morning I got VirtualBox with vrdp working. Runs well over my
local network and I'm going to test dialling in through my 3G card to
see what performance I get over the internet.

Xen sounds hard to implement but I'll look at that next.

People, especially Carlos, are suggesting ESXi. Watching their "sales"
video it does seem quite good so I'll have a look at that as well.

Robin