PaulDotCom mailing list archives

best way to run graphical BT4 from a server

From: nickd at funkyjesus.org (Nick Drage)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 23:42:47 +0100

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 10:54:50PM +0100, Robin Wood wrote:

I'm building a server that is going to go into a data centre and I
want to some kind of virtual machine software, probably either
VirtualBox or Xen, and in that I'd like to run BT4. What is my best
option to get a full BT4 X session back to my linux desktop?

I can't speak for Xen, although I know someone to ask if no-one here can
help... which I suspect is extremely unlikely ;)

For Virtualbox, Look at VRDP, which I would expect you can port forward
over SSH.  The "--vrddport" and "--vrdpaddress" options should be used
here.

BTW, if you use VMWare Server instead watch your firewalling, IIRC
it opens several listening ports whether you want it to or not.

--
I haven't noticed before, but the future looks very much like a
Premier Inn