nanog mailing list archives

Re: Perhaps it's time to think about enhancements to the NANOG list...?

From: scott <surfer () mauigateway com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 14:52:11 -1000

On 3/20/2021 2:47 PM, Matthew Petach wrote:

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 5:13 PM scott <surfer () mauigateway com <mailto:surfer () mauigateway com>> wrote:
[...]

     Of course, one would
    not find an HTTP GUI on the bigger networks dealt with on this list;
    only on the tiny networks.  So they're beginning learners and are, of
    course, welcome.  They will lean a lot, just as I did in the early
    days
    and do every day now days.

[...]

Let's see...
Google: Gmail
Microsoft: Hotmail/Outlook/Office365
Yahoo/VerizonMedia: Yahoo Mail

I'd have to say, there's some pretty big networks on this list that
use HTTP GUIs for their email.

You missed the sentence just before that:

"I would think a person who can't figure out how use filters on a mail client would rather configure routers through the HTTP GUI, rather than the CLI."

scott