nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

From: Daniel Taylor <dtaylor () vocalabs com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 13:21:14 -0600

But by this you are buying into the myth of the mean.

It isn't that most, or even many, people would take advantage of equal upstream bandwidth, but that the few who would need to take extra measures unrelated to the generation of that content to be able to do so.

Given symmetrical provisioning, no extra measures need to be taken when that 10 year old down the street turns out to be a master musician.