nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 06:02:09 +0200

On 27/Feb/15 19:07, Mike Hammett wrote:
More symmetry will happen when the home user does more things that care about symmetry. It's a simple allocation of
spectrum (whether wireless, DSL or cable). MHz for upload are taken out of MHz for download.

But what comes first?

I argue users will respond to their network conditions, without even
knowing it.

I have ADSL at my house. Because I sit on fibre at the office, I always
forget that uploading an IOS or Junos image from my house to the data
centre works terribly from home, until it hits me.

Mark.