nanog mailing list archives

Re: Observations of an Internet Middleman (Level3)

From: arvindersingh () mail2tor com
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 17:49:14 +0100

Kevin first thank you for posting to NANOG to help with the issues...not
every day we see Comcast executive on engineering mailing lists. *LOL*

I have two issues with the comments:

1. You mention that congestion issues to Comcast peers are temporary.  I
notice AS6543 "Tata Communication" - major backbone provider to my home
country - very very congested for over three years.  Will your engineers
kindly update the connection as priority?

2. You mention that all packets treated equally - no games.  Why does
AS7922 assign the speed test different DSCP from regular internet
connection?

Arvinder S.

This is a smart group. If if that was true I think every internet site /
service one visits from home would be a negatively impacted.  That is not
the case

As I said before, Comcast also has over 40 balanced peers with plenty of
capacity.  Wholesale $$ are very small, highly competitive and only "skin
in the game" to promote efficiencies

      - Kevin

On May 15, 2014, at 12:01 PM, "Jared Mauch" <jared () puck nether net>