nanog mailing list archives

Re: Muni Fiber and Politics

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 18:13:33 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Herrin" <bill () herrin us>

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com> wrote:

Ironically, I've had the opposite experience. The nearby Dulles Toll
Road, Greenway and Beltway HOT lanes are all in much better condition
than all but a few of the rest of the local roads. My buddies out
at http://hoveroad.com/ don't keep the roads in as good shape, but
they are in excellent repair for an organization that maintains 157
miles of roads on a $1M annual budget. Vastly better than what I've seen
a municipality achieve for the same price.

Stop it, Bill.

Owen didn't say "privately owned *toll road*"; "very wealthy gated
communities" are even still rarely large enough to need their own
turnpikes.

If you keep setting up straw men, we'll be happy to knock them down
for you, but you'll end up looking a little foolish.

(A) The referenced example, the HOVE RMC, is 157 miles of privately
owned road which is neither a toll road nor a gated community.

That was one example of 4, the last.  The other appear to be toll roads,
though I don't live in the neighborhood.

(B) That was a private message to you and Owen. Is there a particular
reason you felt the need to add nanog back to the recipients list?

Cause my mailer isn't RFC 2919 compliant.  Sorry.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com