nanog mailing list archives

Re: SORBS on autopilot?

From: Ronald Cotoni <setient () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 10:52:10 -0500

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Michelle Sullivan <matthew () sorbs net> wrote:
telmnstr () 757 org wrote:

Did SORBS really cause you that much pain?

Yes. We purchased colo space for some systems that didn't need high class
of service (mostly development systems.) The IP space in a former lifetime
was a dialup pool for analog modems.

We of course changed the reverse DNS entries, and did the normal request
with SORBS. Nothign really happened. I started looking into it, and finding
stories of people doing the mandatory $90 donation to get express attention,

...and at this point we know the poster (like a fair few other in this
thread) is either talking c**p or mixing SORBS with some other list.  There
is NO donation required for non spam listings (a DUHL entry is not a spam
listing) and $90 is plucked from thin air... a  cursory look at the SORBS
website will attest to that.

Michelle

Note: The original poster was noted to have never opened a ticket @ SORBS by
one of the staff..  I haven't verified that personally, but it does follow a
common theme..  People complain about listings and have subsequently been
found to have *not* requested delisting through the correct channel (the
SORBS support system)...  I wonder how many would get this sort of response
(a firey NANOG thread) if they complained their ADSL was broken to the
yellowpages sales line...?!?!?

At the same time, I never hear this about spamhaus or outblaze.  Go
figure :( Maybe your system is too confusing and you might want to
take a survey and revamp it to something a bit more functional.