nanog mailing list archives

Re: SORBS on autopilot?

From: Steve Ryan <auser () mind net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:40:14 -0800

On 1/11/2010 8:54 AM, telmnstr () 757 org wrote:
Did SORBS really cause you that much pain?
SORBS causes people pain every day. I worked at an ISP that used SORBS and it was nothing short of a nightmare. Donations to ge things removed, nobody would help you, everything was 'automated' and if somehow something pissed off the 'automation process' you were subject to things just staying broken.

SORBS is a joke, always been a joke, and always will be a joke. I'm quite saddened by the fact an entity actually provided financial support to keep it going. The internet community would have been better served had they just went away.