nanog mailing list archives

Re: SORBS on autopilot?

From: Michelle Sullivan <matthew () sorbs net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:17:44 +0100

telmnstr () 757 org wrote:
Did SORBS really cause you that much pain?

Yes. We purchased colo space for some systems that didn't need high class of service (mostly development systems.) The IP space in a former lifetime was a dialup pool for analog modems.

We of course changed the reverse DNS entries, and did the normal request with SORBS. Nothign really happened. I started looking into it, and finding stories of people doing the mandatory $90 donation to get express attention,
...and at this point we know the poster (like a fair few other in this thread) is either talking c**p or mixing SORBS with some other list. There is NO donation required for non spam listings (a DUHL entry is not a spam listing) and $90 is plucked from thin air... a cursory look at the SORBS website will attest to that.

Michelle

Note: The original poster was noted to have never opened a ticket @ SORBS by one of the staff.. I haven't verified that personally, but it does follow a common theme.. People complain about listings and have subsequently been found to have *not* requested delisting through the correct channel (the SORBS support system)... I wonder how many would get this sort of response (a firey NANOG thread) if they complained their ADSL was broken to the yellowpages sales line...?!?!?