nanog mailing list archives

RE: AT&T NYC

From: "Michael Hallgren" <m.hallgren () free fr>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:31:10 +0200

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 01:09:54PM -0400, alex () yuriev com wrote:
Has anybody mentioned the benefits of ISIS as an IGP to them.
Link-state protocols are evil, and when they break, they *really*
break.
I still do not see a compeling argument for not using BGP as your
IGP.

Slow convergence.

As well there is the issues of running a full iBGP mesh.  I've actually
been doing it, and now that I'm about to add my 5th router, OSPF is
looking a lot better than configuring 4 more BGP sessions.  I've heard
some people recommend a route-reflector, but that would mean if the
route-reflector goes down you're screwed.

What about a well choosen (wrt topo) pair of them...

Planning on doing away with that pesky IBGP mesh and just redistributing
BGP into OSPF are we Ralph?

There is so much wrong with the above post that I can't do anything
except hang my head in shame for people running networks everywhere
around the world.

mh

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras () e-gerbil net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras