nanog mailing list archives

Re: NSI policy on lame delagations

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () nacs net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 13:50:13 -0500

On Sat, Nov 21, 1998 at 12:25:32AM -0800, Mike Leber wrote:

The reason I say this is that some folks automatically reload their
nameservers which have tens of thousands of domain names once a day and
have clients that want domains registered on the same day they request
them.  (queuing is not an option.)

Which is rather silly, since their clients should be made aware that the
providers HAVE TO go through a third party, and although NetSol has been
very good about getting new registrations done *very* promptly, there is
no guarantee that the registrations will be complete the same day (nor,
imho, should there be; if I was running the registry I wouldn't guarantee
that).

--
Steve Sobol [sjsobol () nacs net]
Part-time Support Droid [support () nacs net]

Spotted on a bumper sticker: "Possum. The other white meat."