Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Incident Management

From: wozz+incidents () WOOKIE NET (Wozz)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:06:06 -0700

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 12:12:59AM -0700, Wozz wrote:
Greetings,

 I'm curious what those of you that handle lots of incidents are using to
 manage all the information?  Are there any software packages out there that
 are designed for handling incident information and tracking?  I'm
 considering implementing such a system in Remedy, but if there's something
 out there already, I'd be interested in looking at it.

 \w0zz

To sum up the responses I've gotten, most folks said that remedy works fine
for this type of application.  I'm lucky, since we already have a large
remedy installation for several other departments, and I think thats the way
I'll be going.  A few other suggestions included a perl program called RT
(http://www.fsck.com/projects/rt/) which turns out to be a enhanced req,
which is a tool I used years ago and had assumed it had faded away into
oblivian.  Another was Aegis by ABacus Systems
(http://www.abacus-systems.com/)

\w0zz