Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Introducing the Tactical Honeynet Deployment Project

From: "Jeremy Pierson" <BLOX () COX NET>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 9:16:29 -0700

You could make a fake DF command which just cats a bogus DF snapshot to the screen.

Ages ago when I was doing harmless hacking around, I would run my scripts as common system/user processes so nobody
would be suspicious.  Anyway, in this case you could run a buncha bogus processes under legit process names.  However,
you might want to use real paths to execute them from since PS -X will show the full paths.

jer