Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Jail Time for Honeypots?

From: Jim Geovedi <negative () magnesium net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 17:42:30 +0700

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 11:00:35 -0700 (PDT) Eko Sulistyo wrote:
When I brwose around I find this interesting
http://www.broadbandreports.com/shownews/27605

Wow, I'm shocked. And all this time I thought we are
the good guys....
That's make me wonder. It seems we have to change the
color of our hat to gray, or even worse, black. ^_^

Speaking about the color of hats, I remember what Obecian said to pers
years ago,

  "I'm more of a white hat than I am a black hat,"

  "To get good at network penetration you have to exploit both sides. I
  am a gray hat because you have to be. A pure white hat does not have
  the knowledge of the underground."

Of course, not all people will agree with that opinion. :-)