Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Honeyd Censorship

From: Marcel <Marcelrf () bellsouth net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 06:50:20 -0400

That is why I also included  Sec. 2511 Title 18/ Part I/ Chapter 119/ (II)
(lawful comms)

(II)
by any governmental, law enforcement, civil defense, private land mobile, or
public safety communications system, including police and fire, readily
accessible to the general public;

As I'm sure you know all frequencies between 2390-2483.5
have multiple allocations. The upper portion of the band also falls under Part
90
Private Land Mobile. Which is lawful to monitor under the section above.

* 2400-2450 Amateur (Part 97) / ISM Equipment (Part 18)

* 2450-2483.5   Private Land Mobile (Part 90) /  ISM Equipment (Part 18)

(* Source:  FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
OFFICE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
POLICY AND RULES DIVISION
FCC’s  TABLE OF FREQUENCY ALLOCATIONS 47 C.F.R. § 2.106
Revised on March 10, 2003)