funsec mailing list archives

Re: predictions

From: Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:08:37 -0500

On Jan 15, 2010, at 7:28 AM, Nick FitzGerald <nick@virus-
l.demon.co.uk> wrote:

Larry Seltzer wrote:

I forget exactly who, but I remember one of the security
predictions for
2010 I heard was that large corporations would be attacked from
China.
Wow, that was really prescient!

To the extent that predicting "more of the same" is prescient, yes...

Nobody is surprised by the attack. Everybody is surprised by there
actually being consequences -- against a state interest, no less.

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald